Does Chiropractic Care Help Arthritis?
Arthritis is a condition that affects millions of people around the world. According to the National Institutes of Health, arthritis is the leading cause of disability among adults over 65 years of age.
Chiropractic care may be able to help relieve some symptoms of arthritis, but does chiropractic care actually help arthritis?
Here’s a list of steps to follow if you want to find out if chiropractic care helps arthritis:
Talk to Your Doctor About Your Symptoms
Before you make any decisions regarding treatment options, talk to your doctor first. He or she can give you advice based on your specific situation.
Ask Yourself What Is Causing Your Pain
Your doctor can also ask questions like these to help him or her figure out what’s causing your pain:
- Are you experiencing joint stiffness?
- Do you feel soreness when moving your joints?
- Does your pain worsen after exercise?
- Have you noticed changes in your sleep patterns?
- Has your appetite changed?
- How much weight loss have you experienced?
- Have you been diagnosed with another medical condition?
Consider Other Treatment Options
You may benefit from seeing a physical therapist, rheumatologist, orthopedist, or osteopath. These professionals can provide treatments that address the underlying causes of your pain. They can also prescribe medications that may help alleviate your symptoms.