Slow Down The Aging Process: 7 Healthy Aging Habits To Include In Your Daily Routine
It’s no surprise that slowing down the aging process is one of life’s ultimate goals. Who doesn’t want to be healthy and vibrant for as long as possible? But, you might be wondering how to do this naturally.
With so many products and services promising to improve your skin and make you look younger, it can be super challenging to know where to begin.
This article will teach you 7 ways to slow down the aging process daily that are straightforward and use everything you can find at home.
From drinking more water, taking care of your teeth, and getting enough sleep, these tips will help you live an overall healthier lifestyle with more youthful-looking skin.
Drinking More Water
While it might not seem like a fancy or glamorous habit, drinking water is one of the best ways to stay healthy.
The brand, Lavelier Skin Care, suggests we should be drinking about eight glasses a day for good health and to assist in slowing down the aging process.
Drinking water helps keep your skin looking fresh and glowing, and it helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It also keeps your kidneys functioning well, which prevents toxins from building up in your body and can make your skin look grey and lifeless.
Looking After Your Teeth
One of the simplest ways of slowing down the aging process is to take care of your teeth. Brush at least twice a day, morning and night, use floss to remove plaque, and pay extra attention to your teeth before bed as part of your night skincare routine.
Flossing prevents bacteria from entering your bloodstream, which can lead to heart disease and other illnesses. And while we’re on the important topic of dental health, you should also make sure you visit your dental hygenist regularly (at least every 6 months) for cleaning and exams.
Eat The Right Foods
Eating the right foods for your skin is one of the easiest and most important things you can do to slow down aging.
Eating healthy foods high in antioxidants will help fight free radicals that can cause the signs of aging in your skin and your whole body.
Lavelier Skin Care, one of the popular brands, says that a diet high in fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish will give your skin the nutrients it needs to look and feel younger.
Here are the top 5 foods that are considered to be full of antioxidants and great for slowing down the aging process:
- Nuts – All nuts will help you fight aging because of their natural cholesterol-lowering and anti-inflammatory effects. It doesn’t matter what kind you choose: Brazil, Cashew, Macadamia, or any other nut for that matter!
- Pineapple – This tropical favorite has a lot of benefits for your skin. Pineapple is rich in the mineral manganese, which activates an enzyme called prolidase that provides you with proline, one of the amino acids needed to form collagen. Collagen supports skin strength and elasticity.
- Dark Chocolate – Dark chocolate is full of something called flavanols, which could benefit the look of your skin by increasing blood flow and providing antioxidants.
- Blueberries – These tiny berries pack a powerful punch, as they have more antioxidants than any other fruit. They protect your skin from sun exposure, stress, and pollution. Blueberries contain vitamin C, which is known to prevent wrinkles, fine lines, and discoloration of the skin.
- Avocado – Avocado is more than a tasty fruit. It’s also jam-packed with inflammation-fighting Omega- 3 fatty acids, which keep your immune system functioning correctly and help both body and skin age gracefully.
Invest In Your Skincare
One of the most important elements you can include in slowing down the aging process is by investing in a good skincare routine.
Your skin is your body’s largest organ, so it’s essential to take care of it! Avoid harsh scrubbing or exfoliating as this can cause dryness, redness, irritation, and increased acne breakouts. Instead, use a gentle moisturizer and avoid heavy makeup.
It is essential to have a great day and night skincare routine that includes taking steps to:
- Cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser
- Treat your skin in areas that need more attention, such as dry patches or areas with breakouts
- Moisturize your skin to keep it looking and feeling hydrated
Your skincare, both the products and the routine, should be something you invest in to make sure the routine suits you and the needs of your skin.
Your skin’s needs may change over time as your skin requires more and more attention to stay looking its best. The earlier you implement a good skincare routine, the longer you can continue slowing the aging process.
Take Gentle Daily Exercise
One way to slow down the aging process is to exercise. If you’re not exercising regularly or at all, it’s a good idea to start. Exercise helps keep your weight in check, which helps lower your risk of diabetes, heart disease, and certain cancers. Exercise also sufficiently boosts your energy levels and mood, improves your overall sleep routine, and strengthens joints and muscles.
The new collagen you need can grow when you work out regularly, which reduces wrinkles around your eyes and mouth. That element, along with the use of the top-rated anti-wrinkle cream, can do wonders for your skin’s youthful appearance.
The very best part about starting an exercise routine is that it isn’t difficult – there are so many varied types of exercise and workouts you can do from walking to running to Pilates – so there’s something for everyone!
Sleeping well and getting quality sleep is one of the most important things you can do for your skin health.
Sleep helps to give your skin and body time to relax, repair, and heal. It also helps to keep your weight in check.
When you sleep well, you are more likely to have higher energy levels which can prompt you into doing all of the things that your day brings with ease and enthusiasm.
Additionally, when you sleep better, your skin will look more rested and refreshed as it has had sufficient time to repair and gain its youthful glow back for the day ahead.
Smoking is a global problem and an addiction that is hard to quit. But what smokers don’t know is that smoking can make them look 10 years older than they are. Smoking also causes the skin to age faster, which can lead to wrinkles, fine lines, and skin discoloration.
Smoking is known to speed up the process of aging skin. It can cause wrinkles and a dull, sallow complexion, making you look a whole lot older than you are!
It’s no surprise that slowing down the aging process is one of our ultimate life goals, and it is never too late to start taking care of yourself. The better you take care of your skin now, with the elements we have mentioned here and specifically the use of a top-rated anti-wrinkle cream, the better your skin will look and feel later in life.
Nobody wants to be unhealthy and out-of-vibrancy for too long. With so many products and services promising to improve your skin and make you look younger, it can generally be really difficult to know where or how to start.
From drinking more water, taking care of your teeth, and getting enough sleep, these steps will help lead you towards healthier lifestyle changes which can help you stay looking more youthful for longer.
It’s never too early in life to begin taking great care of yourself, so don’t put your skin health on the back burner any longer.
Author Bio: Sophia Anthony is a freelance writer and blogger, covering health and fitness topics through visual representation. She is very passionate about general health and beauty. Apart from work she likes dancing and listening to music. You can also contact her on Facebook, and Instagram.
- How To Choose Best Flat Irons For Beginners 2022
- How To Choose The Best Spy Camera With Long Battery Life 2022
- How To Buy Best Solar Powered Ceiling Fan For Gazebos Of 2022
- How To Choose Best Face Moisturizer For Teens Of 2022
- Which Are The Best Cigarette Lighter Aux Cords Of 2022
- What Is The Best Wifi Router For Spectrum 400 Mbps In 2022